The four modules that make up this course examine the 5 Dimensions of Leadership identified by the Institute for Leadership and Management - Authenticity, Vision, Achievement, Ownership and Collaboration.
The course is designed for all those working in governmental and other public sector environments, taking account of the challenges that can present for leaders and managers.
Through a blend of presentational material, discussions and workshops the programme provides an opportunity to improve their understanding of leadership and management, identify strengths and areas for development and build new insights and skills.
The four modules will enable you to:
Explore established as well as new thinking on leadership and management best practice;
Explore the Institute of Leadership and Management`s five dimensions and other models to gain insights into your strengths and areas for development;
Examine tools and techniques to build the leadership and management skills across the five dimensions, supported by practical exercises and discussion.
Day One: Defining Your Leadership and Introduction to Leadership and Strategy
- - Differences, Similarities and Overlaps
- - Overview of Key Theories
- - The Institute of Leadership and Management’s 5 Dimensions of Leadership
- - What is ‘Authenticity’?
- - What are the components of ‘Authenticity’ and how can we develop it?
- - What is strategy?
- - Strategic Thinking
Day Two: Leadership – The Organisational Context (Change and Culture)
- - The role of leaders and managers in developing strategy and creating strategic alignment
- - Understanding change
- - The role of leaders and managers in change
- - Understanding human reactions to change
- - Driving innovation
- - Components of culture
- - Making culture change stick
Day Three: How Leaders Build High Performing Organisations
- - Creating an outcome focussed organisation
- - Managing performance
- - Empowering people
- - Coaching and mentoring
- - Developing talent
- - Building resilience
Day Four: Leadership and Working with People
- - Creating High Performing Teams
- - Stages of team formation
- - Networking
- - Dealing with Conflict
- - Identifying Stakeholders
- - Engaging with and Managing Stakeholders